Friday, October 3, 2014

Banana Ice Cream

I made this for my sons Banana Split Ice Cream Cake! I had not really planned to blog this one but when it came down to it I could not find a suitable banana ice cream so I gathered a few ideas and made my own. It turned out FANTASTIC so I thought I would put it up for others to enjoy.
I needed it smooth but you can add some walnuts and chocolate chunks for an awesome Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey copycat!







4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TB butter, cut into little pieces
2 TB white sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract




Preheat oven to 400

Slice bananas and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with brown sugar and top with butter cubes.

Bake bananas 20 minutes, stir well, then bake 10-15 more until they are very very soft.

Add to a blender or food processor and add white sugar, cream, milk, lemon and vanilla.
Blend very well.

Chill 3-4 hours then proceed with your ice cream maker instructions!





No comments:

Post a Comment