Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Honey and Bean Chicken Pasta Bake

I had my Honey and Bean Chicken Burrito Casserole on my menu for the night, but when it came down to it I didn't really want to make tortillas and the tortilla rice combo sounded a bit too heavy anyway. I knew I wanted to re-vamp my gluten free pasta recipe so I decided to make this into a pasta dish. It worked out very well!
 Sorry no process pictures this time. I was doing a million things at once LOL.





16 oz pasta, cooked al dente (my GF recipe HERE)

1lb ground chicken breast
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TB cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cayenne
salt and black pepper to taste

2 cups cooked black beans (approx 1-15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped(fresh is fine if you don't have roasted)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup honey
3 TB yellow mustard

1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350
Cook your pasta as directed on package

In a skillet heat 1 TB olive oil, add chicken and break up into crumbles. Add in onion, garlic, and seasoning.

Cook until no pink remains in the chicken.

While the meat is cooking combine the remaining ingredients except cheese in a large bowl and mix well.

When you meat is done cooking add it to the bean and vegetable mixture and combine gently.

In a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish combine the cooked pasta and the meat/bean mixture. Toss gently to  coat all the pasta and distribute the ingredients evenly.








Sprinkle the cheeses over the top. Cover with aluminum foil(I spray the bottom side with cooking spray to prevent cheese from sticking) and bake for 30 minutes.








Uncover and drizzle with another TB or so of honey if you like, then bake 10-15 minutes more until cheese is fully melted and bubbly.






No comments:

Post a Comment