Saturday, February 22, 2014

Garlicky Ham and Asparagus Pizza

I had some fresh asparagus and I wanted something a little different so I decided to stick it on a pizza!!






1 par-baked pizza crust(I made my sourdough bread recipe,all white flour, and made 2 crusts, baked for 10 minutes)


2 TB melted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 cups diced ham
5-6 stalks asparagus
sweet onion
provolone cheese
mozzarella cheese
red pepper flakes

Mix melted butter and garlic together

On par-baked crust spread the garlic butter around covering it well.

Slice asparagus into bite sized pieces and place in a pan with 3 TB water. Heat over medium high heat until the asparagus is bright green(2-3 minutes) Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.

Top pizza with ham, asparagus and onion as desired....add cheese as desired....I ended up with mostly provolone because I only had sliced, then topped it with a little more mozzarella. You can do any ratio of the 2 you like. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.






Bake in 350 degree oven 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to brown.

Allow to cool slightly before slicing.






No comments:

Post a Comment