Saturday, June 8, 2013

Homemade "Nutella"

I made this to make Strawberry and Nutella Stuffed Pancakes with. SUPER delicious for all you Nutella fans out there!!!

This gave me 1 quart jar and 3/4 of a pint jar.....





3 cups Raw Hazelnuts
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar(I made my own with unrefined pure cane sugar, I just whirled it in my vitamix until it was powdered)
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2 TB hazelnut, walnut or vegetable oil
6+ TB skim milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt





Preheat oven to 375.

Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes until fragrant and a deep brown color, watch carefully, they go from roasted to burned quickly!






Remove from oven and pour onto a large clean towel. Fold the towel over them and gently rub around and get as much of the skin off as possible. Don't worry if you cant get it all, it wont hurt you or the flavor.

Cool completely.




Place cooled nuts in a food processor or high powdered blender, process until the natural oils are released and you get a smooth paste.

(I transferred to my food processor from my vitamix at this point, it was a little thick so I wanted more aeration)






Add sugar, cooca powder, oil and 1/4 cup(4 TB) of the milk, blend until smooth. Add remaining/more milk as necessary to get a smooth consistency. Add in vanilla and salt and blend until fully incorporated. Adjust sugar to taste if desired.






Pour into jars and store in the fridge....if it lasts long enough LOL...







No comments:

Post a Comment