Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cajun Fettuccine Alfredo

My husband wanted Alfredo for dinner, I didnt really want to do a chicken meal, nor did I want meatless. I dug around in my freezer and found andouille sausage so I started thinking.....






8 oz Andouille Sausage
1 recipe Alfredo Sauce(you can use my recipe, another one, or a jar if you like!)
2 tsp Cajun Seasoning(Emeril's is awesome!!)
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic , minced
oregano, salt and pepper to taste

Fettuccine Pasta


Cook pasta according to package or recipe directions.

Chop you sausages into small pieces, cook in a skillet over medium high heat, then drain well(you can even rinse if you like)










Return the meat to the pan and add red peppers, onion and garlic. Cook until the veggies are tender.









In a sauce pan heat the Alfredo sauce, then add cooked meat and peppers, mix well and season to taste.


Place pasta on a plate, top with a scoop of sauce. I sprinkled on some red pepper flakes for a kick( you can add them directly to the recipe if you like) and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese...












No comments:

Post a Comment