Monday, May 27, 2013

Black Bean Tortillas

I was looking for a tortilla along the lines of the Tostitos Artisan Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tortilla Chips....something I could use for quesadillas or to bake up into a tasty chip. The Tostitos ones are not gluten free so I came up with my own mix and I think they turned out delicious!!
Tonight I made these into Quesadillas on the side of Cream of Spinach Soup.









1 cup black bean puree(1-15 oz can, drained and rinsed was perfect)
2 cloves garlic, minced fine
1 TB olive oil

1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp oregano

6 TB water


Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in garlic, black bean puree( I had added my garlic to the beans while pureeing them)and oil

Mix until crumbly.







SLOWLY add water(you may not need it all!) and mix until it is like pea gravel. It should hold together when you ball it up, but it shouldnt be sticky.









Gather it all together and gently form into a ball. Divide into 20 equal portions. Proceed with your tortilla making style. Rolling pin or tortilla press.










Bake on a 300º skillet for 90 seconds, gently flip and cook 1 minute more.









Place in a tortilla basket lined with a towel to keep warm.








No comments:

Post a Comment