Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Roasted Chicken and Spinach Pesto Focaccia Sandwiches

This is kind of a last minute recipe....I didn't really think it would become a blog recipe but it is just so delicious I had to share! I made them with my Dragon's Blood Soup.








Focaccia Bread, I made my gluten free recipe and made 6 pieces)
Roasted Chicken, I made up 2 leg quarters this morning, it was just  perfect for 6 sandwiches
Cheese, I used pepper jack
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Banana Peppers
Mayo

Spinach Pesto...super easy nut-less recipe:
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 TB lemon juice
1 clove garlic
2 TB basil leaves(2 tsp dried is fine if you dont have fresh)
2 TB fresh grated parmesan cheese
3 TB olive oil
salt to taste

In a blender or food processor place spinach, lemon juice, garlic, basil parm cheese and 1 TB oil. Process until the leaves are chopped well.....slowly drizzle in the remaining olive oil and process until very smooth add salt to taste.

slice your focaccia bread and spread half with pesto , add chicken sun dried tomatoes and banana peppers, top with cheese and place under a hot broiler until the cheese is melty and the chicken in heated through.
Spread the remaining side with mayo and top....put it back under the broiler for a bit to toast that top bread.


Slice and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment