Friday, February 1, 2013

Reuben Pizza

Oh how I love Reubens....I figured why not make it a pizza!?











1 large crust.....(I used my GF Focaccia (par-baked for 10 minutes, not fully baked) and added 2 tsp caraway seeds for a "rye" flair, for non-gf I would recommend a rye crust like this one)


thinly sliced corned beef
sauerkraut, drained well
shredded swiss cheese
Russian or 1000 Island Dressing(see below for recipe)


Russian Dressing:
1- 6 oz container(3/4 cup) plain non fat greek yogurt
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup chili sauce(sweet or hot, your choice, I like sweet)
1 tsp minced onion
1 tsp horseradish
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TB fresh parsley, minced
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp lemon juice
sugar to taste(I used 1/4 tsp)

Mix all of the above ingredients and allow to mingle for at least an hour.









Preheat oven to 400.










Spread desired amount of sauce over the pizza crust(the above recipe makes quite a bit, I didnt use it all)











Arrange corned beef over the dressing, then sauerkraut, then top with shredded swiss








Bake in hot oven for 10-15 minutes until the crust is finished baking and the toppings are hot and bubbly(this is for using the GF crust, your baking may vary depending on the crust you use!)










No comments:

Post a Comment