Monday, December 17, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Punch


I went out for dinner with my husband for our anniversary and I had one of these. It was so delicious I had to make a copy of my own!!!






You can play around with your ratios of alcohol vs syrup and soda until you find your perfect drink! My measurements make a good strong drink.





1 oz coconut rum
2 oz whipped vodka
2 oz pumpkin spice syrup* (or to taste)
top with club soda(or to taste)

Combine all, strain over ice, top with a shot of whipped cream and a sprinkle of allspice.















*Pumpkin Spice Syrup
you can buy this commercially in the coffee syrup aisle or you can make it. I found this recipe and it is perfect! I almost tripled the pumpkin, because I freeze my pumpkin puree in 1/2 cup increments and I think it turned out fantastic!


1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2  cups sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3 TB pumpkin puree(I used 1/2 cup, and I do suggest the heavier dose, but 3 TB should be sufficient)


Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
Combine the powdered spices well.
Place in the cinnamon sticks and whisk in the remaining spices and the pumpkin puree. 






Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, at a light simmer, not a boil!

Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and if you like you can strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
store in sealed container in the fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment