Sunday, December 30, 2012

Copycat Red Robin Island Sunburn Style Burger

We took our boys to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle the other day, before hopping on the ferry home we decided to get an early dinner at Red Robin....that is a special treat for us since we don't have one nearby. I ALMOST ordered something else but at the last second I saw this and I am SO glad I did. I really think I have found a new favorite burger. Of course being as we have no RR and also that this particular burger was a "limited time" flavor I had to make up my own!!! Serve them with steak fries topped with garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese just like RR's and if you like finish off with a copy of Red Robin's Irish Beer Milkshake!

This would be fantastic with beef, ground turkey, a chicken breast or even a veggie patty for a yummy meatless meal!







6 hamburger buns (I actually used a Jalapeno Kaiser from a previous RR copy cat, but any bun will do)


2 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup water
seasoning salt to taste

6 slices pepper jack cheese
1 medium jalapeno, sliced thin
cilantro mayo*
tomato
6 slices pineapple(fresh of course is best, but this time around I could not find a decent one so I used canned rings)


Mango Slaw:
2 cups shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
(sub 8oz prepared (dry)coleslaw mix if you like)
1/2 cup diced mango
2 TB red onion, minced
1 TB lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro mayo*
salt and pepper to taste

Toss all the veggies together.












Mix mayo and lime juice and pour over slaw, toss well. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and allow to mingle for an hour.










*cilantro mayo
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Mix and allow to mingle for at least 2 hours









Mix beef, water and seasoning salt.....Divide it into 12 thinnish patties and chill. (you can do 6 thicker ones if you want, I was just going for the RR effect, its on the Tavern Double)








Broil your pineapple until lightly blackened on both sides, set aside

Broil burgers to desired doneness....







Assembly:

Toast buns and spread both sides with cilantro mayo, add 1 patty and 1 slice of cheese, add 1 more patty (and an extra slice of cheese if you like too), add slice of pineapple, then tomato and top with mango slaw
Place on the top bun and enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment