Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Swiss and Spinach Stuffed Lemonade Pork Roast

I had 1 pork loin roast left in my freezer I decided to try something a bit different. Earlier in the week I had thought about lemonade chicken so I decided to see about a lemonade pork. I found a few recipes that I thought would be a good base and I created this.




2lb pork loin roast
1-2 cups shredded swiss cheese*
1-2 cups baby spinach leaves
salt and lemon pepper to taste

* if you don't care for swiss a good alternative is a mozzarella provolone mix!

Sauce:
1 cup lemonade concentrate**
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup ketchup
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
2 TB soy sauce(or bragg's amino acid for gluten free)
2 TB brown sugar
1 TB balsamic vinegar
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste


Filet out your pork roast. Sprinkle with cheese, spinach and salt and pepper.













Roll gently from the short end and secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place seam side down in a slow cooker.










For Sauce:
Combine all in a blender and blend well.
















Pour over prepared roast, and set cooker to low for 6-7 hours until an internal temp of 165 is reached.












Remove from slow cooker and allow to rest 10 minutes.











Slice and serve with a little sauce from the pot.












*store bought is fine, but here is a homemade lemonade concentrate if you like:

1/2 cup sugar(you can adjust sugar plus or minus as you like, I like it tart!)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice

bring water to a boil over medium high heat, add sugar and boil until sugar completely dissolves, add lemon juice and allow to thicken and boil down to 1 cup liquid. Chill thoroughly.






No comments:

Post a Comment