Sunday, August 5, 2012

Snickers Salad

Not my recipe but SO easy and tasty I had to share!


Edit- July 4 2013. I made this entirely from scratch this time around!! It is FANTASTIC this way!!!

top photo from scratch----



----- this one was the original







4 granny smith apples


14 oz snickers bars, frozen(I used fun sized bars since they were cheaper)
1 tub cool whip

OR
1 recipe snickers bars HERE
I used the fluff recipe from my S'mac and Cheese and a Simple Caramel recipe here
I used 1 1/2 cups whipping cream with 1/3 cup powdered sugar(or to taste) and vanilla to taste in place of the cool whip.
I froze my "Snickers" bars and then chopped them well(I had leftovers too!)




Remove seeds from the apples and chop into bite sized pieces(dip them in a mixture of 2 cups water and 1 tsp lemon juice to keep them from browning)
< from scratch



Chop Snickers bars into bite size pieces.
Mix them together in a large bowl



    original





Add cool whip, mix well and chill thoroughly.




original, see above for completed from scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment