Friday, July 6, 2012

Cheesy Chicken and Zucchini Casserole

I was on Cafemom this morning and in one of the cooking groups I came across a Zucchini recipe that was taken from Allrecipes. I was planning a chicken casserole dish with some gluten free alphabet pasta I found so I figured why not take that concept and go with it!







1 large chicken breast, poached and shredded
16 oz small pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained*

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 TB lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 TB fresh oregano, chopped
cayenne to taste
black  pepper(or lemon pepper) and salt to taste


1 large zucchini, cubed
(I also added broccoli and cactus since I had some leftover from a veggie platter)

Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Heat oven to 350

In a bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper flakes, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt.

In a lightly greased casserole dish combine veggies, pasta and chicken. Pour over the cream cheese mixture and toss well.



Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, uncover and top with a little shredded parmesan cheese and bake 10-25 minutes more until the cheese is melted.










I actually put a bit of chili garlic hot sauce on mine too....yummy!





*I think rice would be awesome here too. Probably about 4 cups cooked rice would do.



No comments:

Post a Comment