Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Turkey and Strawberry Monte Cristo Sandwiches

Yum is all I can say here. I love a turkey cranberry sandwich after Thanksgiving so I decided to play around with that concept.






Ingredient amounts will be based on how many you want to make!

A good loaf of sour dough bread (homemade here)
fresh strawberries
sliced turkey
baby spinach
sliced Havarti
mayo
red jalapeno pepper jelly(I really think it adds ALOT and isn't overly spicy at all, but you can omit, I omitted for the kids)

3 eggs
1/3 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste



For each sandwich spread each slice with mayo and pepper jelly.
Place on slices of strawberries(I averaged about 3/4 strawberry per sandwich, next time I would consider more)








Then Spinach(a few leaves)











Then Havarti(I use 1 slice each)











Then Turkey( I use 2 generous slices each)
Place on the other slice of bread.











Preheat skillet to 350 and grease well.

In a dish beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper.

Dip each sandwich , let it sit a few seconds to absorb a little egg mixture. Then flip to the other side.










Place sandwich on hot skillet and cook about 5 minutes.











Flip and cook until the bread is browned like french toast and the cheese is melted.












Place on a plate. Allow to sit a minute or two, then slice and enjoy!













2 comments:

  1. I loved it!! I'll definitely add more pepper jelly next time. Quick question, do have any tips to keep all the fixin's inside the sandwich when you flip it? My strawberries and spinach kept falling out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it!!!
      Did you make sure to put the cheese over the toppings? That was a big thing for mine, make sure that cheese is all ooey gooey to hold the toppings on(more cheese is always tasty LOL), make sure the bread is WELL toasted to hold everything a little firmer, extra wide spatula, then just careful flipping, practice practice practice LOL...

      Delete