Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lemon Grilled Chicken with Sweet Pepper Sauce over Lemon Chile Pasta

I was reading through some recipes today looking for something to use up my last 2 lemons on. I love lemon. It is such a summery flavor. The sun is shining, the birds are singing....it felt like a grill day. However, I never got around to firing up the grill pit so I did them inside in my griddle pan. Just as tasty! The sauce is a modification of one I found along time ago and I just got a super deal on red peppers LOL.....all over some yummy pasta....you can use plain pasta if you like, I just got an itch to mess around with dough.....





1 batch Lemon Chile Pasta

Chicken

4 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
Juice of 2 lemons(actually it was a little less since I used 2 TB in the pasta dough)
zest of 1 lemon

sprinkling of lemon pepper


Pound your breasts to an even thickness, place in a dish and pour on lemon juice, sprinkle with zest and lemon pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour( do go too much longer as the acid breast down the chicken)







Heat grill to high heat and cook 15 minutes or so on each side, until the internal temp reaches 165

(This time around I did mine indoors in my griddle pan, oil your pan well, heat over medium high heat. Add chicken, cover and cook 10-12 minutes, flip and recover, cooking 10-12 more until the internal temp is 165)





While the chicken is cooking make sauce and put your pasta on to boil

Sauce:

1 tsp olive oil
1.5 cups chopped red  bell peppers(about 2 medium)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese


Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add peppers and garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes until tender.








Stir in broth and sour cream. bring to a boil , reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. (My family is picky about chunks so I also run my immersion blender through it to smooth it out)Add in parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Salt and Pepper to taste.









Place cooked pasta on a plate, top with a chicken and pour sauce over the top!


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment