Sunday, May 1, 2011

Homemade Lemon Lime Soda Syrup

Soda has SO many preservatives, high fructose corn syrup(AKA corn sugar)and just pure junk in it so it is not something I want to give my kids. I decided to work on some sodas of my own. Frist up was a "Sprite" or "7up" and this one turned out GREAT on the first round.. I am still working on Cola...my first batch was very tasty but tasted too gingery to me. After that I will attempt a Root Beer!







1 cup sugar(RAW sugar is the best)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 TB lime juice
(Fresh Squeezed is the VERY best, especially since with this I am trying to avoid preservatives)


In a sauce pan heat sugar and water over medium heat , stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and cool.
(I used raw sugar instead of refined white, which is why it has the slightly brown tint)









Pour into a jar and add lemon and lime juice. Cap and shake well.















You can play around with your ratios when adding to club soda or seltzer water. We seem to like about a 5:1 ratio....3 TB syrup to about 1 cup soda seems to be the preferred taste in my house.






Syrup can be stored in the fridge for quite a long time, if you can make it last of course LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment