Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tomatillo Pork Roast


My menu got thrown off for the week because on my arrival to the grocery store I found I had been planning my menu for the week off the WRONG AD!!! I hate that. So I did the best I could at rearranging the recipes in my mind to suit what was on sale.
This is an experiment with pork roast, fresh tomatillos and jalapeños





5 large tomatillos, husked and rinsed
3 medium jalapenos
2 cloves garlic
1 small handful fresh cilantro


1 2lb pork loin roast
2 TB olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder


Slice husked tomatillos in half , slice jalapeños in half(remove membrane and seeds for less heat)
Place them on a baking sheet and put them under your broiler and char.








Flip and char the other side.












Place the tomatillos and jalapeños in a food processor with garlic and cilantro, process until smooth. Salt and pepper to your preferred taste. Set aside









In a small bowl mix cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt, pepper and onion powder.











Rub into pork roast.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.



Add seasoned pork roast and sear on each side(about 2 minutes per side should do it)















Place roast in slow cooker and cover with tomatillo sauce.

Cook on low 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment