Thursday, September 2, 2010

Homemade Gummy Fruit Snacks with fruit puree

1 cup fruit puree of your choice... apples, peaches, nectarines, cherries, grapes....or any combo... I dont recommend bananas, although I have not tried it...
1/4-1/2 cup sugar depending on your sweet tooth....NO sugar is pretty darn tasty too
4 packets Knox Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 cup cold water


Stir sugar into fruit puree,
Dissolve gelatin in water, pour into fruit puree










pour into a plastic wrap lined 9 x 9 pan and refrigerate until completely gelled .











Remove from pan and remove plastic .












Cut into desired shapes.
















First batch I used 1 medium apple and 1 nectarine, quartered and boiled in 1/4 cup water until very tender,










then smooshed it through my applesauce sieve. I did not use any sugar for this batch. I will probably do 1/4 cup next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment